Sunday, March 2, 2014

Crocus, Clematis and Another Storm Warning

It will be really upsetting if the predictions for another winter storm are inaccurate. It sounds ridiculous, but I'll take another day off anytime. Since the weather report last evening, I am psychologically geared up to sleep in. We took advantage of the calm before the storm this afternoon and took a short walk. One small reminder that spring is on the way are the few and far in between crocus groups we stumbled upon on the way home. Before another several inches of expected snow falls on our little patio garden, we cleaned up the clematis vine by cutting it back to the original stems. That thing takes over the fence by the end of the season and provides a beautiful array of - dare I say - snowy white blossoms. But in winter, the stems and twine keeping it in check look rather ugly. It is ironic that I can't stand the real snow on the fence, but love the snow effect of the clematis show in late summer. We're planning to change up the garden a little bit this year by adding grass around the edges next to the house. It's getting harder and harder to crawl around the back to trim the weeds, but not much of an effort to swing a weed wackier to trim the lawn. But I guess I won't have to think about that for awhile. I feel like I'm back in Wisconsin with each winter storm. The difference is that there I always had to get to work regardless of the situation. Here, I'm keeping my fingers crossed. 






No comments:

Post a Comment