Friday, March 21, 2014

March Madness in a Good Way

Yesterday I found out my request to work part time was granted. I've been working thirty nine years full time with no breaks - thirty one years in a health care career in Milwaukee, and almost eight years here in DC as a civil servant. It is the first time I will be away from work more than be at work and takes me one step closer to retirement, hopefully in about two years. But there are a lot of milestones to celebrate in March. We received a package yesterday from our dear friends and neighbors in Milwaukee for our wedding anniversary - a bottle of red wine with our initials and date on it. Our son retired from the army after twenty years and three deployments. He and his family will be stating a new life when they move to Virginia (but sadly, away from us) and he begins his new job as a civilian cardiac surgeon. My husband will be celebrating another milestone birthday. I found a dollar bill in the stairwell at work! This week we are having our tiny house repainted and freshened up and putting in a patch of grass just in case we decide to get another dog! We miss our beautiful Borzoi Tatiana. On top of that, it was Persian New Year, the start of spring, my parents are still hanging in there in their nineties, and we have  wonderful friends and family all over the world. My little digital art business continues to grow. You could call it March Madness, but I can't remember the last time this all happened at the same time - and it's all good!

No comments:

Post a Comment