Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Parkmobile in DC

We rarely drive in to downtown DC to park. But I needed to stop at Utrecht Art Supplies on I Street NW and run a few other errands at Staples and CVS while we were there. When I saw the green signs going up in our neighborhood I got the parkmobile app quite awhile ago just in case we ever had to use it. Using a credit card or change is a pain in the neck. So we tried it out for the first time. While my husband was searching for change in the car, I clicked on the app. I couldn't believe how easy it was. You just basically need the zone number to input, then figure out how much time you'll need. I didn't expect the three emails that followed as well as the alerts that document the initiation of the transaction, when you have fifteen minutes to expiration with an option to add more time, and an expiration. The only drawback is a forty cent transaction fee for all this convenience. My husband was irritated I went ahead without him because he wanted to see how it was done. The hardest part will be to remember yet another password. He said he would just call me for it whenever he finds the need to use it. 







No comments:

Post a Comment