Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Potomac Yard and Notch 8

Not too far from Washington is Alexandria. We usually take the George Washington Parkway on our way to and from there, but we needed to stop at PetSmart along Route 1.  My goodness! It's been awhile and things have really changed from just last year. Starting from the $600's, you can get yourself a condo at Potomac Yard. Next to that will be Notch 8. It looks as though every completed unit is already inhabited. I am certain the merchants are thrilled with this massive housing explosion. The traffic is already congested as work is also underway to widen the street. When we visited Washington fifteen or twenty years ago we landed at Reagan and rented a car on Route 1 and then drove in to Alexandria to Morrison House. It is unbelievable how the landscape changed. I much prefer our location on Capitol Hill, but I envy the modern construction and updated materials - especially the infrastructure water pipes. But at least I don't have to drive in that mess every day. Not many folks can say they walk to work. You better believe I can really appreciate that!






No comments:

Post a Comment