Saturday, March 22, 2014

Utrecht Art Supplies on I Street NW

We just had our tiny apartment completely repainted. The persimmon accent wall in the bedroom is the color we thought it would be, but the southern comfort taupe in the rest of the house turned out to be more pink. So that meant I would need to change out the mat board on the painting in the bathroom and also the neutral mat on the dog portrait in the kitchen was lost. The greens and neutrals just didn't go with the pink! We had an Ultrecht Art Supply shop in Milwaukee, and we went there all the time to find mat board. I never realized there was one downtown, so we decided to stop there and see what we could find. I absolutely love this stuff! Obviously they had a great selection and we found what we wanted. The grey and black aren't exactly our favorite colors, but they do create a nice accent around the paintings and now go with the rooms. One mat was pre cut, but the other one I had to custom cut. I'm not the best cutter, but can make do with a good blade and a semi straight line. I found out along time ago that you can easily switch out the mats on custom or store bought art. It just takes a little time and effort, but the results can be whatever goes with the house interior colors. It cost not even ten dollars and makes such a big difference. It gave my husband an opportunity to go "downtown" and I found another great shop. 










No comments:

Post a Comment