Thursday, May 8, 2014

Special Digital Art Delivery From the House Office Building

One of the advantages of creating digital portraits is that the finished image is a jpeg file. This file is then attached to an email and sent to the customer. There is no shipping cost and the image can be used over and over. However, once in awhile someone will request a hard copy. In those rare instances I print the image on photo paper in three standard sizes, place them in a protective sleeve, and enclose a business card. I do have an option to print mailing labels at home, but because I work at the Library it is just as easy at this time to walk over to the House Office Building to mail the package. And so I did mail one this week to send Willie's portrait to his owner. I also sent a copy if the receipt to the customer to let them know it was on the way and It should arrive today. What's also nice is the fact the image can be uploaded to a variety of websites to create non traditional items to display the art - like cards, coffee mugs, or even pillows. But I think I like the comments I get about the artwork the best. "I printed a copy  on regular 8 1/2 x 11 paper on my Epson Printer and took it to work today.  You garnered a lot of compliments.  I am so happy with it." The iPad came along while I was living here on Capitol Hill. I have a feeling I would have done the same in Milwaukee, except I might have created the mailing labels at home because the post office was a lot farther away and much less convenient.  






No comments:

Post a Comment