Friday, July 4, 2014

The Old Homestead

Every year or two we make the pilgrimage to our old town. We lived in Milwaukee thirty years. Unfortunately that means a trip to the airport - not something I like. But once the hassles of getting there are done, it's so nice to see some of our favorite people. We really miss them since we moved to DC. There is something about the Midwest. We stay with our neighbors and this trip we will also be visiting with many friends and past colleagues. It seems a lot of people we know are leaving DC for Arizona and Virginia. I'm not sure when it will be our turn. So until that happens we'll keep making these little trips because I have a feeling we won't ever move back here. We may even end up staying where we are - and I'm not sure how I feel about it. 







No comments:

Post a Comment