Sunday, August 10, 2014

Glad to be Home

It's been a while since we were in a hospital. Our road trip to Florida was intended to keep my mom company while my dad recuperated from a slight fall and pneumonia. Before we left, she tripped and fell while walking to get her hearing aids checked.  After several hours in the emergency room, and a CAT scan, she too would be admitted and ended up having hip surgery this morning. I was just commenting that road trips have changed with digital devices. Hospitals have too. My first nursing job was in the hospital where they are both now patients. It's tough being on the other side of the fence. All we can do is take one day at a time and wish for the best. I wonder how may other folks have both parents in the hospital at one time?  



No comments:

Post a Comment