Saturday, August 2, 2014

Real Estate on Capitol Hill - SOLD!

It started with our grandson's house just down the street. Last month it was sold in one day. Real estate here always seems to sell quickly. It doesn't seem to matter what kind of house it is, where it is located, or what shape it is in. People just seem to want to live here. Whenever we think about moving, we always wonder about what we would miss if we left the neighborhood. Today my husband was asking me what it would feel like if we moved and came back to Washington to visit. We visited Milwaukee over the Fourth of July holiday and really didn't get all nostalgic even though we lived there thirty years. Yes, it was delightful to see everyone, but neither of us really missed the place - and I can guarantee that I wouldn't want to be there ever again in the winter. When we came home after lunch this afternoon we noticed that just about every for sale sign was either under contract or sold. We keep thinking that with all the new construction going on near the stadium that the interest in this part of the neighborhood might decline. But it has a very different vibe there than here. I'm only hoping that if and when we do decide to sell that the market is as hot as it is now. I suppose I won't stay up nights thinking about it, but it's always in the back of my mind. 









No comments:

Post a Comment