Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Folger Theatre and Shakespeare Library

We pass by it all the time. Last year we actually went inside to take a look around while on an afternoon walk. The Folger Theatre and Shakespeare Library is just a few blocks from where we live, right across from the Library of Congress Jefferson Building and next to the Adams Building. We have not been to a play in a really long time. We used to have season tickets for the Milwaukee Rep for many years running. It was a nice diversion during the brutal winter months. Since we will be having visitors from Milwaukee next month we thought it might be interesting to give it a go. It felt weird ordering tickets on line and then receiving the hard copies in the mail a week later. I can't say that I am much of a Shakespeare, although I do like most everything else English - especially all the PBS Masterpiece classic and mystery shows. So I am hoping this will work out okay and our guests won't be too bored. I'm going to have to read up on Julius Caesar before we go, or I know I will be terribly lost. I have a feeling I would much prefer watching Christopher Walken play a tap dancing Captain Hook in Peter Pan. But that's on TV and in the comfort of my couch - but that doesn't count. 






No comments:

Post a Comment