Friday, September 19, 2014

Staples and the Expired Ink and Toner Savings Pass

I rarely print anything anymore. The only exception is for all of my digital art requirements - primarily to print 8x10 "photos," mounted on foam board, of my pet portraits to display in the Wagtime Shop on Capitol Hill across from the Navy Yard. My HP printer needs a constant supply of five different ink cartridges. Usually I get a lot of art supplies on line, but for ink I always go to Staples. It was actually worth my while because I had a 10% savings card specifically for ink. So today we ventured out to Alexandria. I took extra time to find all the products I needed to replenish so the art would hang securely on the wall, since I have another 15 portraits to showcase. Heavy duty Velcro works well, but I have also used that in combination with poster putty. When I got to the check out counter, the cashier told me that the card expired... In May! It's been a while since I got ink, but I had no idea it was a limited time stamp on the thing. Maybe I should start looking around for alternate ink stores. What might you suggest? I don't understand why ink is so expensive. If it wasn't for the need to display the art, I wouldn't need it at all - that goes for all the Kodak paper that seems so "out of date" in the digital age. My Etsy shop works so well because it is truly digital. The completed digital hand painted pet portraits are all "shipped" as a jpeg image attachment to the customer's email address. Too bad I can't do the same for myself! 









No comments:

Post a Comment