Wednesday, September 24, 2014

The Never Ending Request for DC Services

What used to be a well manicured garden at the corner where our building resides is now a heap of weeds and twelve inch grass that has turned to hay. Because that garden and the adjoining lawn and shrubs belong to the city, it is their responsibility to keep it in check - a most unfortunate circumstance. About six weeks ago I went to the on line request for DC service site and initiated a request to clean this place up. Because I have done it so many times before, it was clearly stated that the area was next to our building and not across the street from it. When I finally received an email today notifying me that the job was completed, I didn't believe it. When I went home for lunch it was clear that the island across the street was done and the area next to the house looked even worse than usual. I know I shouldn't get frustrated about it, but it's just plain annoying that even the simplest things can't get done around here. So what else is new? This request usually takes about three tries to finally get right. I think that's thought of as efficient and productive in this town. 









No comments:

Post a Comment