Friday, October 24, 2014

Archer Farms Turkey at Target

My Thanksgiving dilemma has been solved! For many years in Wisconsin and when we first moved to DC, we would get a Jennie O bagged turkey. But they can no longer be found - or ordered - for the last couple of years. Since I am not a cook, and my husband does not like turkey but prepares everything else, the burden has fallen on me to figure out a solution. For the last two years, we ordered Omaha Steaks turkey dinners, which suited the purpose. But there is something about a real turkey for Thanksgiving - without the mess. So today when we were in Target picking up a few odds and ends, we wandered over to the grocery section. For whatever reason I looked at the frozen food bins. To my utter amazement, there they were - not Jennie O, but Archer Farms "cook in a bag" home style turkeys and turkey breasts! I almost wanted to get one then and there just in case they disappeared. You cannot imagine how much this means to me! It doesn't take a whole lot, but this is just one of those moments. Thanks Target! In the meantime I'll have to keep my eyes open to see if they are available anywhere else - just in case. 








No comments:

Post a Comment