Saturday, October 4, 2014

Chunnel, English Fog, and France

You know you are in England when you see the typical English taxi, the beautiful gardens, and of course the fog. We are fortunate to have friends who live in Buckinghamshire and this is our third trip to visit. We landed at Heathrow at the brand new Queen's Terminal 2. To make it doubly interesting is that we have friends who live in Dreux, France. After spending one day in England, the first day took us to the Chunnel... A car ride in the train that goes under the English Chanel to France. It sounds more impressive than the actual ride. In England I feel more at home because there is no language barrier. But when we go to France it is another story. The only language five out of six people know is Farsi, so I am out of luck. My high school French helps very little, and it all feels more strange to me. Since we have been on the move since Thursday it is time to finally stay in one place for a few days. Since we are infrequent travelers I need to sleep in tomorrow. Maybe tomorrow I'll be able to figure out how to use the blasted phone. 









No comments:

Post a Comment