Thursday, October 23, 2014

Here or There?

Since the usual entry and exit door is closed for repairs at the Library of Congress Madison Building, my route to the temporary entrance to the other side of the building changed my walking pattern. From the temporary exit, my walk takes me to Second Street. Saint Peter's Church, residential homes and parks that greet me along the way. There is hardly any traffic and a lot less pedestrians. There is something serene about it all. It is a huge contrast to the usual route I've taken for the last eight years. First Street, on the other hand, is filled with every kind of moving vehicle, restaurants, food trucks, Capitol South Metro, House Office Buildings, congested walkways, and oftentimes rude people who stand in the middle of the sidewalk and won't budge. When I asked my husband which one he preferred, it was a no brainier in favor of First Street. Maybe I need to start a blog about the differences between he and I rather than the differences between the Midwest and Capitol Hill. Or maybe they are one in the same!?







No comments:

Post a Comment