Friday, October 10, 2014

Maggie Mae Borzoi

I love Borzois. Our Tatiana lived to the ripe old age of thirteen. She grew up primarily in Milwaukee, in a big house, and a big yard. We have toyed with the idea of getting another one, but can't seem to decide if it would be the right choice in a city and in close quarters. I always look at the Borzoi rescue website, and have communicated with the folks who are responsible for keeping it up to date. I also did a couple of pet portraits for two of the very active members. I was so pleased to see my rendering of one of the Borzoi on the National Borzoi Rescue Foundation poster. In fact it is one of my favorite portraits because it reminds me of our Tatiana. This month we will probably go to the Middleburg Dog Show in Virginia with the sole purpose of seeing the Borzoi. We are still in England for another day, and almost had an opportunity to meet a few English dogs that belong to our friend's daughter. Unfortunately we missed them, but saw the house - a splendid old manor complete with a pond and several outbuildings. I would have preferred seeing the pooches! Maybe that's why I like painting dog portraits so much. Those critters just have a way of bringing a smile to your face. 





No comments:

Post a Comment