Monday, October 27, 2014

The Meteopolitain in Paris and the Sculpture Garden

Since I began working a part time schedule in March, I always join my husband on a Monday morning walk to the Mall. Then we stop for breakfast at Pete's across from the Library on Second Street right off Pennsylvania Avenue. Since we are past the summer months, I don't have to get up so early to beat the heat. So we leave whenever I finally wake up. Since it is later in the morning, the Smithsonian museums and gardens are just opening. When we passed by the Sculpture Garden that is across from the Archives, there was a sign that looked vaguely familiar, so I snapped a picture. When we came home I rummaged though the photos I had just taken when we visited friends in France and England earlier this month. And there is was. Right in front of the George Clooney wedding photo at the magazine stand on the street corner in Paris was the sign for the Metropolitain - or metro - in France. It was an exact match of the sign in the sculpture garden. The metro signs in DC are nothing like this. But DC is nothing like Paris - in more ways than one. 



No comments:

Post a Comment