Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Billy Joel Gershwin Prize for Popular Song Event

Just the other day I was lamenting the fact that we haven't had an opportunity to attend a Library event that showcased some really interesting artists. Every once in a while an invitation is extended to employees for special affairs. Last week an email was sent out about the upcoming Billy Joel Gershwin Award Ceremony that is being held at Constitution Hall. Anyone interested could respond back and be placed in a lottery of sorts. This morning the return email was disappointing, but it said after the stage was set today, another round of tickets would become available for "side stage" seats. You could say I hit the jackpot?! Anyway, my husband and I will be attending the event tomorrow evening. I picked my tickets up from the events office before lunch. Since we have never been to this hall, it will be fun to explore the place and watch and see who files in. The show will be taped for PBS and I am guessing the entertainment will be more than interesting. This sort of thing never happened in my thirty year health care career in Milwaukee. Uptown Girl anyone?



No comments:

Post a Comment