Friday, November 7, 2014

MedStar Washington Hospital Center and Systane Ultra

This has been the week for doctor appointments. It's bad because it is never a good way to spend time, but good because I take off work. In Milwaukee it was so easy to get to the eye doctor, but it always takes such a long time to get through the eye drops, the peripheral vision exams, the picture taking session, the pressure readings, the refraction tests, and the actual eye exam regardless of where it is. Make that "times two" because I go with my husband. We always plan these appointments for the first time slot after lunch. That way, we don't have to fight the rush hour traffic that takes us an hour to go about three miles. We do need to leave at least forty five minutes ahead of time because there is always a delay. This time there was construction and road closures right around Washington Hospital Center that took us on a detour. Once we reached the parking structure, we were finally on our way. The parking levels are now marked with pictures since it is so easy to get lost in this tertiary care facility. We go here because we like our doctor, but really don't care for the campus - it's just too much trouble for a simple office visit.  But I don't see us changing that any time soon. Everything was "a- ok" on this visit, except that I was told I have dry eyes. I can't say I really noticed it and was assured that it is "a natural part of the aging process." So I was given a sample of Systane Ultra lubricant eye drops. I'm just glad I don't need cataract surgery any time soon. Then I'd really start to feel old. I suppose that's a part of the normal aging process too. I don't particularly like it.  








No comments:

Post a Comment