Sunday, December 28, 2014

DayQuil and NyQuil - Our Best Friends

I came home from France and England in October with and awful cold/virus thing. And as always, every year both my husband and I get flu shots. You would think that that would be enough to deter whatever illness awaits. Well, it didn't.  Since returning home from Florida over a week ago getting things in order for my elderly parents - no - it was not a vacation - my husband started getting sick. And since then it has been downhill. We cancelled our meager Christmas plans, and have stayed home ever since. He only made a run to the pharmacy to pick up more bottles of NyQuil and DayQuil. Luckily we had plenty of aspirin on hand, tea, and whatever liquid felt right. This is the first stretch of time we have gone without our daily glass of wine, and have stayed out of a restaurant. Looking at my Facebook pages made it all the More miserable. This indeed was the worst Christmas I can remember - let's make that the whole month of December. The only thing good about it is that I have had time to catch up on all my pet portrait back orders in between snoozes and coughing spells. We are supposed to have my family over on New Year's Day, but at this point I'm just not feeling like entertaining anyone. It seems every time I travel I catch something awful. I'm not sure it's worth it. 




No comments:

Post a Comment