Thursday, December 4, 2014

Magna Carta at the Library of Congress

It was a little different this particular afternoon. I usually take a walk away from my desk and get in a little exercise. So I went through the tunnels from the Madison Building to the Jefferson and on to the Magna Carta exhibit. Along the way I always admire the beautiful surroundings of the Library of Congress. I was even more surprised when I asked the attendant if it really was okay to take photos. Usually it is just unheard of. It's amazing to see such history before your eyes and only a few steps away from where I spend three days a week. I particularly liked the section about the Magna Carta in culture - stamps, songs, movies - and the letter from 1939 about safekeeping the document during World War II. I guess you could call it just another day at work, but this walk was indeed exceptional. 
 















No comments:

Post a Comment