Friday, December 26, 2014

The Etsy Cash Register

It was a very busy holiday for me. Not because of Christmas preparation, but to fill all the orders for custom pet portraits. As with most "businesses," this time of the year can be hectic. Luckily, my digital art studio is mobile and can travel with me, because all my work is hand painted using my iPad. I can't imagine trying to even attempt that with water colors or any other traditional method! In spite of that I still had to turn down several requests because I could really drive myself crazy, and every portrait requires enough time to do well. Luckily for me, several customers were willing to wait until after the holiday, so I have a few left to do. Every time a request is generated and paid for on Etsy, the sound of a cash register is heard. The other day when I was at work, my husband called to tell me he heard the sound. I thought it was for another custom portrait, but this time it was for two digital images that were already made and available for immediate download. I really like these orders because I don't need to do anything! As with any order, I always thank the customer for their business. And it is doubly nice to see a positive review on any item that is selected, whether it is a "ready-made" or custom. When Christmas came yesterday, I was thrilled to know so many of my art pieces were presented to family and friends as gifts. Many were pet memorials. Getting and receiving direct communications with folks is rewarding. It's hard to imagine where any of this will go. All I know is I really enjoy it!



No comments:

Post a Comment