Wednesday, December 3, 2014

US Botanical Garden Plant Monuments and Landmarks

For some reason they all looked better this year. Maybe they were cleaned up and repaired; maybe there were less crowds; maybe the other distracting stuff was moved to other rooms. All the plant made tiny replicas of Washington's landmarks were simply beautiful against the Christmas backdrop and pools of water at the US Botanical Garden. The main attraction for the kids of all ages is the train and lighthouse feature. The beautiful huge decorated tree finally got it's own spot away from the usually crowded rooms this time of year. What's nice is that we get to visit these free entertainment places in the nation's Capitol every year since we moved here. Better yet, we can visit on a Monday morning since I went to part time work hours last March. It's a good way to avoid the crowds, but it doesn't feel or look the same. When I look at the Library of Congress miniature now I can actually say I work there - not something I would have even imagined eight years ago. All these landmarks are so familiar to us now. My husband always asks me "how could we ever leave this place?"  In Milwaukee I couldn't wait to quit the snow and ice. I'm really not sure how to answer that question now. 








No comments:

Post a Comment