Saturday, December 27, 2014

Vaso's Kitchen in Alexandria

This has been the worst Christmas I can remember. Actually, I'll call it the worst December. Both my parents are experiencing elder care issues, and now both of us got sick with this ugly viral flu thing. We cancelled any plans to have family over, and seeing Facebook was getting me even more irritable. Before all this, went for lunch last week at one of our newly found favorite places. We stumbled across it while watching a food show on TV, where the subject was places for Sunday brunch. We haven't been there for that purpose, but have gone regularly for the past couple months for lunch on Friday. When you first see Vaso's Kitchen, you might think you are in the wrong place because there is a Dixie Pig Bar-B-Q sign on top of the small building off the main roads in Alexandria. But once inside, it's quite charming and it's all about Greek cuisine. I always get the chicken souvlaki, and my husband usually gets whatever fish is on special for the day. I understand there is an upscale Vaso's somewhere on King Street. But King Street is more for tourists. So we'll stick to this place because we like it. I'm not sure when we will ever get out of the house again and make another run to Vaso's - this thing is taking forever to go away. So much for flu shots. 



No comments:

Post a Comment