Wednesday, January 28, 2015

A Face From the Past

I spent thirty years in health care. We moved to DC from Milwaukee to escape the snow and ice, but left behind friends and a lot of colleagues. One way to stay in touch is to be a member of LinkedIn. It's any easy way to communicate on a variety of topics. I like the social ones. Even though a lot of colleagues were not considered "friends," I really enjoy hearing from them if they plan to be in DC. One person in particular let me know a couple months ago that she had a meeting scheduled here in January and it would be nice to get together. So we did. It's been awhile since I saw her and many things have changed since then. The saddest part is to hear about folks who have died - two very suddenly and very young - and others who are dealing with deadly diseases. While I was working in health care none of this seemed to affect me as much as it does now. What with parents in their 90's and relatives who have already gone before us, it does make one think differently. In spite of that it was really nice getting reacquainted. It's always nice to see a friendly face. 


No comments:

Post a Comment