Thursday, January 1, 2015

A Hard Day's Night Happy New Year

We like old movies. We watch them all the time. They are all queued up when there is nothing else to watch - which is quite frequent. We also love television. Not a lot of people will admit to it. But our favorite place is sitting on the couch in front of our TV and enjoying the show. Since we've been cooped up over a week now with this dreadful respiratory virus flu thing, we've even been watching more of them. We stumbled across A Hard Day's Night in between other shows and stuck to it. Being New Year's Eve, it's always a time to remember what was, and think about what might be. As I'm getting older, I'm not sure I like to think about what might be. My husband is the eternal optimist and has such a happy go lucky attitude about everything. We sort of balance each other out. So as we were watching last night, it took me back to 1964. I do remember going to see the movie with someone at a Saturday matinee. My favorite Beatle was John to begin with, and somewhere along the line it changed to Ringo. I even named my parakeet after him. All I could think about was how much this music became such a part of my life even to this day. Whether it was really that good or not - I can't be the judge. But it was definitely a phenomenon that I was happy to be a part of. 


No comments:

Post a Comment