Friday, January 2, 2015

Getting Back to Business and a Trip to Staples

We have been stuck in the house for over a week with this nasty respiratory virus. Since we are both getting really tired of it all and finally feeling somewhat on the mend, we decided to try and get our life back on some sort of schedule - especially since I plan to get back to work next week. So we went out to lunch for the first time in over a week in Alexandria. It was nice to get out of the house even though I'm still coughing and a bit congested. I'm also planning to print all the pet portraits that were painted this holiday season to hang on my gallery wall at Wagtime. But this time I will be replacing some of the older portraits that have been sitting in direct sunlight for over two years. So rather than mount them on new foam board, I'm going to glue them on top of the old images. My spray glue won't work inside the shop, so we needed to head on over the Staples to get some stick glue. The store in Alexandria on Duke Street was closed - out of business. So sad! So we drove over to the one on Route 1/Patrick Street by Potomac Yards. I found what I needed and am hoping it will work out. Not a terribly exciting day, but at least we were able to become a part of the land of the living.  And even the smallest things mean a lot. 





No comments:

Post a Comment