Saturday, January 3, 2015

The Torture Chamber

It looks nice enough. But looks can be deceiving. For the last two weeks, both my husband and I have been suffering from an incessant viral respiratory illness. We both had flu shots but to no avail. The holidays were completely spoiled. Finally, we are beginning to feel more like ourselves and have begun to go out a bit here and there. During the day, all this stuffiness and coughing is tolerable only because there are so many distractions. But when night falls, things change. When I have to go to work, we generally are in bed by midnight. But lately, we have been staying up until 1:30 watching old movies...or perhaps I am just trying to avoid going to the torture chamber. As soon as I get in to bed, the coughing begins and doesn't stop - even with NyQuil or DayQuil. I think it has all lost it's impact by now. It's 3 AM before I can even start to settle down. The pillows just don't feel right, and it's tossing and turning all night. The bedroom isn't supposed to be that way and I am dreaming of a good night's rest. Luckily these things do come to an end, and I know I am making more out of this than is necessary. I'm sure we will eventually get back to our old schedule, and I can't wait. There is no room for torture chambers in anyone's house. 



No comments:

Post a Comment