Wednesday, January 7, 2015

The Washington Monument in Snow and Wind

I'm usually not out and about in the middle of the week. But today I needed to accompany my husband to an appointment and neither one of us knew exactly where the place was located. We always try to take independence Avenue rather than the freeway. For whatever reason, I interrupted google maps to hastily snap a photo of the Washington Monument as we passed by it. I didn't know it at the time, but when I saw the photo I was surprised to see how perfectly centered it was from all angles. I always edit and crop most of my photos but this one didn't need any of that. Since it was exceedingly ugly out today with the frigid temps and wind chills it looked even better. The flags standing completely unfurled gives away the real story. We left Milwaukee partly because of the snow and ice. Maybe once a year I can stand a blanket of snow if I can stay inside. Since that wasn't the case because i had to go to work and join in on an adventure across town, at least it looked nice enough - from the warm car. 

No comments:

Post a Comment