Thursday, February 26, 2015

Etsy Thank You Notes for Digital Art Commissions

Getting thank you notes is always nice. Getting thank you notes for creating art for someone is even better. I've had my Etsy shop for two years called LITDigital Paintings. I love to create custom pet portraits and have had commissions from most of the United States, Australia, Canada, and Puerto Rico. Most of them are pretty straight forward. A favorite photo is sketched and hand painted. Some are a little more involved ... Taking two separate images to create one, or adding names and dates. Just about anything can be done with digital art. It's all created using my iPad, and a lot of imagination.  I gave up my watercolors and pastels to create a mobile studio. I can take it with me whenever we travel. One of the more interesting requests I received recently was to paint two dogs, move them closer together, add a green bow tie to one and a wedding veil to the other. The image would eventually be printed on a cover that would be used as a ring pillow for a wedding. It was a fun project and I am looking forward to seeing the a actual pillow in use at the ceremony. I love the interaction with my customers as updates of the progress are sent, and final background colors are selected. And it's a great feeling to know someone likes what was made especially for them. It's also a way to get my dog "fix." I really love those pooches, and cats, and parrots! Wonder what the next request will be?





No comments:

Post a Comment