Tuesday, February 3, 2015

I Numbers Compared to Excel

I use a lot of spreadsheets at work. But I don't need to use them at home - except once in a blue moon. The ten year old laptop that died had all the Microsoft Office products on it. My new one doesn't. Since I have to itemize all the expenses and revenues associated with my digital art business, I like to organize the information in a readable manner. So I gave myself a lesson on I Numbers yesterday. I love my iPad and use it to create all my digital art. I figured I could also use it to create a very small spreadsheet. It didn't turn out as beautifully as I would have liked, but it has just enough functions to make it work so I don't have to rely on a calculator. I'm not a numbers person to begin with so every bit of help is useful. I just take a screenshot and save it as a photo image and can send it as a simple attachment. I pity any small business person who needs to keep track of all these things for tax purposes and otherwise. There's a lot of other items available in Numbers that could also come in handy. I'm just too bored to explore. I'd rather paint. 





No comments:

Post a Comment