Monday, February 9, 2015

Instagram and Tumblr

I've been thinking about it for awhile. How many more social network sites do I need to update every day? It all started with my blog that has been updated daily for the last four years - regardless of where we are. Comparing DC to the Midwest was an easy topic, but it also includes work life and hobbies. It took a while to set it up and get it right, making sure all the widgets were in the right place. Then a mobile app came along and made the updates a lot easier than the desktop. Then the iPad came around and it reignited my interest in art - except this time it was of the digital nature rather than watercolor and pastels. That opened up so many more options - a Facebook "business" page, a gallery wall at the Wagtime Too Shop on Capitol Hill that required business cards, Twitter, a personal web site using WordPress, Pinterest Boards, linkedIn, youtube videos, iMovies, an Etsy Shop, a Fine Art America site, a PayPal account, KRRB advertisements, three children's books on Amazon, and two children's books on iTunes. So in order to round out the marketing aspect of my digital art I decided that Instagram and Tumblr fit the bill. Things have certainly changed since setting up that first blog, and they look so much nicer. I'm not sure if any of it makes a difference, but lately I've been getting more likes on my Facebook page, Pinterest boards, and twitter entries. A lot of them connect with each other, but it can still be time consuming updating them all with a great deal of regularity. At least I can say I enjoy it. And having two iPads and an iPhone make it so much easier. I hope I have time left over to actually do the custom requests!





No comments:

Post a Comment