Wednesday, February 25, 2015

My Favorite OPM Signs - Closed!

It's really different working for the federal government. Every one tells you that before you start, and then you tell everyone that while you are there - especially if you have spent any time in the private sector. My thirty year health care career in Wisconsin did not prepare me for this career change. We had to get to work no matter the reason filling twenty-four hour a day, three shift, all year schedules. We had eight paid holidays. I was very happy to get on a Monday through Friday schedule without being on call or worry about weekend problems. And winter was no different than summer. Here in DC at this job there are more holidays, though working three days a week I no longer benefit from most of them because I am already off. I now have an app that informs us of government closures due to typically bad weather. It's a lot easier to use instead of calling. I love the closed red signage the best. Wouldn't you?
 


No comments:

Post a Comment