Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Sold - Old Friends

It was a very pleasant surprise to learn someone purchased my "old friends" painting. It is a digital download that I did after we visited Iran about five years ago. There are several images that capture key moments of the trip. This one depicts four elderly gentlemen standing in front of the burned out clay wall wearing very striking outfits. It looked like something right out of National Geographic. One can only imagine this is a daily occurrence - not just in this faraway place but just about anywhere. So I posted two more images on my Etsy activity feed, and they got a lot of attention, then posted them on my Facebook page - one of a rock floating on a fountain spray, and two camels we visited at a caravansera. This was indeed a remarkable trip and I have very many wonderful memories of family and places. It's so rewarding to know someone else liked it as much as I do! The individual who bought it asked for suggestions about the best way to print it, but I especially liked the side conversations about their personal story about that place. It's a small world. 




No comments:

Post a Comment