Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Grand Illusion - the Art of Theatrical Design

My only experiences with stage design was as a youngster in dance recitals and as a glee club member at concerts - and a behind the scenes tour at the Milwaukee Reparatory Theater. There is now an exhibit at the Library of Congress that highlights the process - obviously on a much bigger scale! I recently noticed the exhibit on an afternoon walk. About every four to six months something different is introduced. I once saw Danny Kaye's daughter being interviewed here. Seeing the "I Could Have Danced All Night" composition was a highlight this time. It makes me wonder if I selected the right career path based on my interest in the arts. The great thing about it is that I now work in a place where all this is unavoidable!












No comments:

Post a Comment