Saturday, March 7, 2015

Tumblr Open Arts, Eat Sleep Draw, Artists onTumblr, ArtistsDrop.com

I keep stumbling over them. Every time I think I'm connecting to the right websites and social media, another one pops up. Since I started painting again about four years ago, it's sort of a hit and miss type of thing. I use my iPad to paint rather than water color, pastel or pen and ink. It's a lot neater, and it is just as difficult - or fun - depending on the project. Most of my work is commissions from all over the US, Canada, Australia, and Puerto Rico. About a month ago I started using Instagram and Tumblr to round out the already eight or so sites I'm already trying to keep up with. Every time I explore them more, I find new hash tags to add whenever something is posted, but also new sites within the sites to submit work to. One is called artistsdrop.com. The idea is to upload a work of art, people vote on it, then they post the winning entry on Instagram. Tumblr has several - #tumblropenarts, #eatsleepdraw, #artistsontumblr. And those are the ones I found. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to just use the hash tag or find the actual site. Some of the apps don't have the same ability as the actual website to upload items. Luckily I like all of this stuff, but it can be difficult to navigate through it all by myself! And as long as I have another real job, I can't pay as much attention to it as I would like. I often think about all the artsy people out there who didn't have these great ways to exhibit their work unless they knew someone or were discovered. At least everyone is sort of on the same playing field, and have a chance to share their work. I just wonder if anyone is looking at it!





No comments:

Post a Comment