Thursday, April 23, 2015

The Polish Deli - Pierogi, Kielbasa, and Head Cheese?

There are no Polish restaurants in DC. There were several in Milwaukee and Chicago. While in St. Petersburg visiting my parents, we try to stock them up with Polish delights since they no longer drive. There is a Polish Club somewhere that I know we went to a few times when we were kids, but I'm not sure about any sit down places. So we went to the Polish Deli located several miles away and looked around. There was a good selection of pierogie, and different kinda of kielbasa, cookies, and cakes. But what took me by surprise was the head cheese. Apparently my mother used to eat that! Actually her dad had a grocery store in Massachusetts and made all this stuff and more. I think I'll pass on it, but I'm glad she was able to find what she likes. And wouldn't you know the pierogie came from Chicago. What's with DC? I guess we'll have to make due with Mrs. T's. 







No comments:

Post a Comment