Tuesday, May 19, 2015

American Eskimo Custom Pet Portraits

A few weeks ago I participated in an auction in Chicago for the American Eskie Rescue Spring Fling by donating a custom pet portrait. The auction was held on Facebook and I followed along to watch the bidding and was very happy with the result. Shortly afterwards, the highest bidder contacted me and sent to me the photos of the pooch she wanted to have made. It was a fun project and she was happy with the final product. She later contacted me to have another painting made of a second Eskie. It's always nice to be able to produce a work of art that is well received, but even better when someone asks to have another one made - whether for themselves or as a gift. I really appreciate the fact that someone not only likes a portrait but displays it in a variety of settings. I know one of these portraits is going in a vet's office. She also expressed such wonderful sentiments about the art itself. A lot of what I do is by word of mouth, and it means a lot. A portrait of our Borzoi is in our home, and I can only hope it does for my customers what mine does for me - it brings a smile to my face whenever I look at it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment