Friday, May 15, 2015

Do You Need an Alarm Clock?

After many years, my alarm clock/radio stopped working. The alarm and radio worked, but I could no longer set the time. I found that out with the last daylight savings go round. I knew it was an hour behind, but it was silly to keep a clock that wasn't telling the right time - especially during the night when you're looking to be oriented. So I started to use my iPhone in it's place. But I didn't have a stand for it, and I couldn't see the time during the night without actually picking it up and looking at it. And I was always afraid I would walk out the door in the morning without it. So I looked around on amazon and found an alarm clock only - no radio needed. I wanted a large face and a decent alarm. Since the clock arrived several weeks ago, I have never heard the alarm. For whatever reason, I am waking up before the alarm goes off. I used to get up before the alarm went off for most of my working life, but just rolled over and went back to sleep just to get in another fifteen minutes. In the end, as awful as it feels (for me) to wake up in the morning, it's better to wake up on your own than with a deafening noise. The big advantage is that I can leave work earlier and get home sooner. And that's the best reason of all. And now I know the time is actually right when I need to check it in the middle of the night. 


No comments:

Post a Comment