Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Fine Art America Sales

Every time I paint a custom pet portrait or scene on my iPad, I post it on my Fine Art America website along with photographs I particularly like from DC and places we travel. It's a nice way to display the work. Every once in awhile the site is used by a customer to print their finished portrait because they don't have a printer or don't want to deal with getting it printed at a local shop. Since all the work is digital, it can be displayed in many unconventional ways aside from the typical mat and frame. So there are a lot of options. What is less expected, but even more fun, is to receive a notification from Fine Art America that someone purchased a product based solely on a favorite  image. Yesterday, someone from Naples, Florida bought not only a pack of greeting cards, but a framed print, and a pillow of a little cockapoo. Sometimes someone will write a nice comment and I can share the fact it was sold on Twitter. The iPad has been a great little tool for me to create these portraits and has basically my mobile studio. I never expected for my hobby to get this far and this is a great way to share the art. 



No comments:

Post a Comment