Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Pointing Their Pens and the Herblock Gallery

There is always an exhibit of one sort or another on display at the Library of Congress. We used to visit DC once in a while over the years specifically to see some of them - Churchill comes to mind. Little did I know then that I would actually one day be working at the Library, and my afternoon walks would take me past many of them. And that was the case last week when I walked over to the Jefferson Building to see "Pointing Their Pens" and the Herblock Gallery. There are samples of political cartoons that have been collected since 1900 or so and a variety of topics are showcased from Viet Nam to the Cold War. Things really haven't changed very much as there will always be a way to share a variety of opinions from an "artistic" perspective. It hardly matters what the subject matter is - I just enjoy being able to wander by and take a look. That's not something I could do in my thirty years working in health care in the Midwest - not even close. 










No comments:

Post a Comment