Monday, June 22, 2015

A Day to Remember

My dad died on Father's Day. The things most important to him were his 21 years of service in the Coast Guard, serving in WWII, being around water, and moving us all to Florida when he retired. He will be buried in his Coast Guard uniform. As difficult as all this is, my parents arranged for all their funeral plans ten years ago making it all so much easier because all the decisions were already made. So yesterday when I looked up at the night sky, the moon was brilliant with Venus sitting next to it. In the distance in the opposite direction was a show of lightning and thunder. I could only imagine how often my dad looked up from on board a ship and saw these same sights. Yesterday morning was a brilliant sunny sky. My dad would have liked that. The night sky was a little sad and was mourning along with me. My dad had a good life and left everything in perfect order and I'm not a bit surprised. 





No comments:

Post a Comment