Thursday, June 11, 2015

Harry and David Customer Service

My dad loves cookies. It's his favorite dessert. So I ordered some for him for Father's Day from Harry and David and scheduled them to be delivered close to June 21. I've ordered several times from Harry and David - most recently, an Easter basket for my mother with gummy bunnies that she loved. Earlier this week we heard that my dad, who has dementia and now at an assisted living facility, took a turn for the worse. Because they live in Florida, we have been visiting more often to see him, and my mom in case there is anything we can do to make things easy for them. But now all we can do is start taking the inevitable "one day at a time." Even though cookies doesn't sound like much at a time like this, I sent a note to Harry and David asking if they could expedite the order and send them to my dad as soon as possible rather than wait another week. Within a very short time, Anna G responded with the kindest message. I've been staying in touch with my mom every day and it seems dad is a little better - at least he knows she is there and is comfortable. What more can you ask for at 95? I'm hoping the cookies arrive in time for him to notice because I know how much he likes them and it will make me feel better. It's the little things that mean a lot. Thanks Anna. 


No comments:

Post a Comment