Monday, July 20, 2015

Amazon Author Central

I wrote and illustrated three children's books - one about a tiny fish, a second about a separation, and a third about a trip to Washington DC. They are all true! Two of them were published by StoryChimes and are applications available through ITunes. All three were self published and are available on Amazon in hard copy and on Kindle. It's been a while since I checked the website. Amazon has expanded the options that can be added to tell more about yourself as an author. It's called Author Central. Yesterday I updated the website, added a photo, linked it to my twitter account, and wrote a few words in the bibliography. There is also an option to create a much neater truncated URL that takes you directly to the Amazon page that shows only your material. This link can then be added to your website, or blog, or email signature. Any time a change like that is made, there are many more that need to follow. It is amazing how all this things are connected. I'm just glad I like this kind of stuff and don't need to depend on the experts for help all the time. Luckily I don't require any of it to make a living. Then I think it could be quite daunting. 


No comments:

Post a Comment