Thursday, July 23, 2015

Pistachios - So Many Choices!

I'm not sure I believe it when something is labelled "heart healthy," but it sounds good if I really like how it tastes. And so goes the pistachio. Up to this point dry roasted peanuts were my favorites. But my husband started bringing home not just the plain pistachios, but the pepper flavored, as well as salted. It seems like there is more shell than nut, but it's well worth the hassle to break them open. My only concern is irritating my TMJs. After all, it was a kernel of popcorn that threw my jaw out of whack over thirty years ago. That damage required bilateral joint surgery which continues to haunt me here and there. Luckily the pistachio is a bit soft, so it's "safer" to chew, but very carefully. Now I need to get my hands on some of the even more tastier flavors. JalapeƱo anyone!?



No comments:

Post a Comment