Monday, July 13, 2015

Tatiana Borzoi - Made in the USZ

We all love our animals. And when they leave us, it's pretty tough. We had a beautiful Borzoi named Tatiana. Ever since we had her, nothing else comes close - to us. She lived a very long and what we think was a happy life. I have a picture of her in a tiny frame in our home and look at it routinely. I also have a picture of her and my husband on my desk at work. She was my model for the New Yorker Eustace Tilley contest win, and a model for a lot of my digital art portraits. But one of the most interesting reminders of Tatiana is a furry toy I received just recently from a friend of ours. She was clearing out a toy chest from many years back and came across a unique rendition of a wolfhound. It was made in Germany, but the USZ. So I looked up what that meant exactly. It's something about after WWII, what would become West Germany was divided into three zones, the US Zone being one of them. The goods made at this time were labelled USZ until the early fifties when the Allies no longer occupied the area. So the furry addition to our reminders of Tatiana now sits next to her picture. It was a very thoughtful gesture on our friend's part to remember how much we loved our dog. She was just that special. 





No comments:

Post a Comment