Sunday, July 19, 2015

The John Wayne Portrait

We grew up on John Wayne movies. The Horse Soldiers was one of my favorites. I also worked with a guy in Milwaukee who loves John Wayne to this day. It always made me laugh when he did the John Wayne walk. When we moved to DC nine years ago, I stayed I touch with my colleague and usually see him when we visit Milwaukee. But in the interim - whenever there is a John Wayne movie on TV and we stumble across it - I snap a photo of it and message it to him. He can always name the title and include other comments as well. There must have been a John Wayne tribute a couple days ago on TCM. Several of his movies were being shown, but they were the movies more from the seventies and not the ones that are memorable. In any event, I sent off a few moments in time and within a few minutes my friend responded. It just so happened his son had just sent him a portrait of the Duke. So it got me thinking about taking a shot at a portrait too. So I did. But I haven't sent it to him yet. I'll need to wait for the next time. I don't want to ruin a potential surprise. That usually happens it is completely unexpected. 







No comments:

Post a Comment