Saturday, July 11, 2015

Try to Cut Back the AT and T Phone Bill

We've been looking at our monthly expenses. For whatever reason, it just seems like everything is getting more expensive all at once. So we started with the Comcast Xfinity internet and cable bill, and ended with the AT&T phone bill. I don't think we made a dent in any of them. Before we went to the store, I looked at the usage and contract components and thought I had a clear understanding of what was what. I have held on to my unlimited data plan since it started and am hard pressed to change it. We were greeted right away and it wasn't very busy around lunch time. It didn't look good when the rep couldn't remember his own password. But rather than send us to someone else, he kept us waiting until the manager finally noticed what was going on and offered to step in. It all sounded like Greek to us by the time he was finished explaining the new plans that are being offered, and got really confusing when we started talking about phone upgrades - do you buy it, rent it, or do nothing? We decided to do nothing for now although it is time to upgrade to the new iPhones. I use my phone for photos, Internet and emails - rarely, if ever, for phone calls. My husband uses his for listening to the radio and solitaire and for navigation when we travel. The hard copy explanation of plans was in Spanish, so that didn't help much either. I firmly believe they all make it so hard to understand that you end up with whatever they think will be to their best benefit. The sad thing is is I don't want to know either. I suppose we will need to pay closer attention from now on. But I still have a feeling it won't make any difference. 




No comments:

Post a Comment