Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Fairy Garden and other Lawn Ornaments

Every once in awhile we take a walk in the neighborhood away from our usual paths. Most recently, since it's been unusually hot for such a long stretch, we decided to stay in the shade away from the Mall as much as possible. Since I don't always get up early enough in the morning to avoid direct overhead sunlight, it's almost a necessity. It's always interesting to see what grabs my attention along the way. This time it was the garden ornaments that decorate the small patches of space in front of the Capitol Hill three story row houses. It started out with a tiny fairy at the base of a very large tree; three frogs enjoying each others company; a live squirrel nibbling on a nut; an Asian statue; a very large half penny; a modern art sculpture of sorts; a boot cleaner; a lion with an apple on his head; and a fake squirrel. I know I missed out on a lot more but it got too hot to notice. I much prefer walking in the dusk - it's just so much nicer - and calmer - to me. But my husband prefers the morning hours. That's never going to change and I'll never get used to it. So I try to notice, and enjoy the scenery. 









No comments:

Post a Comment