Friday, August 21, 2015

Fulton County Fair - Arthur, Hurley and Gottlieb

Driving home to DC from Milwaukee took us through Indiana and then Ohio. I was taking a lot of barn and farm photos and thinking about how life is so different in "these parts" compared to where we live now. Then we passed by a barn that said Fulton County, and it reminded me of a song I remembered from my college days at FSU called "Fulton County Fair." And wouldn't you know, a sign appeared that read Fulton County Fair, but I wasn't fast enough to get a quick photo. Then I looked up Arthur, Hurley, and Gottlieb - a trio of what I'll call blue grass musicians who played at the small downstairs cafe of sorts in the Union at FSU. I loved their music, but I think the group was short lived. I actually had one, if not two, of their albums. I don't know if this was the Fulton County they were referring to, but it reminded me of a time so long ago!!! So I played it for my husband, but we couldn't really hear it in the car on the iPhone but I heard it in my head. Great memories are found in the strangest places! I wonder where they are now?



No comments:

Post a Comment